- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 pound asparagus, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Serves two people.
- Preheat broiler. Wrap skillet handle in foil if not oven-proof.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add asparagus, salt, and pepper, and cook until desired tenderness is reached.
- Pour eggs over asparagus and onions. Cook until mixture is almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese on frittata. Then place skillet under broiler until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Watch closely. Do not allow cheese to brown. Serve.
Note: Use oven mitts to carefully remove hot skillet from oven.