- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup low-sodium, gluten-free organic chicken broth
- 4 cups kale, rinsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Serves three people.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring frequently until onion turns translucent, approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, vinegar, and broth.
- Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add kale pieces.
- Cover and cook until kale wilts, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and continue boiling until cranberries have softened, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with almonds before serving.