- 1 1⁄2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Serves six people.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic to skillet, cooking approximately 1–2 minutes until garlic is slightly golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato, red wine vinegar, and water.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Stir in olives and remove mixture from skillet.
- Season olives with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and cook scallops until opaque.
- Spoon olive and tomato mixture over cooked scallops and serve.