- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel-cut gluten-free oats
- 1⁄2 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 scoops gluten-free protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy, almond, or rice milk
- Stevia to taste
Serves two people.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add oats and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in fruit and nuts.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add protein powder and stir well.
- Transfer to bowl, and mix with milk and stevia.