- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 turkey breast half, skin on (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Serves six people.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine minced thyme, lemon rind, and garlic.
- Loosen skin from turkey breast by using a small knife or your hand.
- Rub garlic mixture on turkey meat under the skin.
- Press skin back against meat.
- Lightly coat a small broiling pan with olive oil.
- Place turkey skin side up in pan and sprinkle with the sprigs of thyme.
- If using a meat thermometer, insert into meaty part of breast, ensuring it is not resting against the bone.
- Bake for approximately 11⁄2 hours, or until thermometer reaches 180 degrees.
- Remove turkey from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.