- 4 plum tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- 1 clove garlic, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Core each tomato and slice off bottom so tomato sits evenly.
- Season core hollow with salt and pepper.
- Insert 1 sprig thyme and 1 slice garlic into each hollow.
- Drizzle each tomato with several drops of olive oil.
- Using remaining olive oil, lightly brush the inside of a small baking dish.
- Place tomatoes in baking dish.
- Bake tomatoes for approximately 90 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with vinegar just before serving.