- 1 clove garlic, cut into chunks
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin or strip steak
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves three people.
- Puree garlic chunks, parsley leaves and 1/4 cup olive oil in a blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Set aside sauce.
- Brush both sides of the steak lightly with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add steak and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until browned lightly and desired doneness is reached.
- Remove steak from pan and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and topping with parsley sauce.