A New Diagnosis
- Feel exhausted, overwhelmed, and stressed all the time?
- Need five cups of coffee or a constant infusion of soda just to make it through the day?
- Do you have trouble waking up, falling asleep, or staying asleep, no matter which herbal supplements you try?
- Do you find yourself feeling constantly irritable or on edge?
- Do you feel that you need to exercise to stay in shape even though you’re exhausted when you do?
- Do you feel as though everything you eat turns to fat?
- Are you always hungry, frequently craving sweets, or tempted by “carbobinges?”
- Are you plagued by irregular or painful periods or PMS?
- Are you struggling with perimenopause or menopause: lowered sex drive, vaginal dryness, mood swings, and hot flashes?
- Do you find yourself feeling forgetful, “foggy” or unable to concentrate?
- Do you find that you do better when you’re always on the go?
- Do you find that you actually enjoy adrenaline rushes and feel a little bored without a crisis to handle?
- Are you struggling with anxiety, depression, or despair?
Sound familiar? If I’ve painted a picture you recognize—in yourself, in your family, among your friends and colleagues—you’ve just gotten a good look at adrenal dysfunction, a distressingly common problem in which overworked adrenal glands produce too much cortisol, the stress hormone.